Saturday, June 11, 2011

It has been a very long month and a half since my last post. Scott had injured his arm while working at his Mom's clearing trees. We went to an orthopedic doctor in Columbus, GA on May 11th to have it checked out. After a few test, they determined that it was a blood clot in his arm. My Dad also went into the hospital on the 11th with pneumonia. My Dad was a lot more sick that any of us knew. He coded in the early morning hours of the 12th and was unresponsive. We headed back to Alabama on the morning of the 12th.

The doctor wanted to do a follow up with Scott on Thursday, so we did the follow up in Tuscaloosa. They found another blood clot in his arm which had the vein occluded. They sent him to the emergency room and admitted him in to the hospital. So I had my Dad on one floor and Scott on another floor. Scott was discharged from the hospital on the morning of the 14th. My Dad went to Heaven the night of the 14th. He never regained consciousness, but we continued to talk to him throughout. We were very blessed to be surrounded by my Dad's family, my Mom's family, and lifelong friends.

Due to the blood clots, Scott was unable to lift, drive, or ride for long periods of time. We had to go for blood work a couple of times after he was released to check the consistency of his blood. Through his hospitalization, they found out that he had severely thick blood, so they did a round of blood work and then placed him on blood thinner to help dissolve the clots. They had to adjust his blood to a safe level so that we could travel back home. They also would not release him until he had a doctor back in Georgia. We found out this week that he also has a condition called Factor 5 which is a blood clotting disorder. Our daughter Kristi also has Factor 5. She was diagnosed in 2009. With that being said, if a family member is diagnosed with a genetic condition that you could have, go an be checked out. It could save your life.

My Dad's funeral was on the 17th of May. He wore a beautiful red shirt that my Aunt Vanessa had bought for my Uncle Faron or Faron Earl as my Daddy would have called him. As far as funeral goes, it was a great one. Bro. Burns told stories about my Dad.

July 5, 2011

We have finally decided on our store front. We will be opening up a store front in Hogansville, GA sometime the first part of August. It will be in their old jail building, so I guess that makes me a jailbird. Looks like the name as of now will be Embellishments by Dj's Creations. There is alot to do between now and then. I have to learn the laser engraver and need to learn the vinyl cutter. All of this and I'm feeling the need to go to the beach. Only time will tell. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment