Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nursing Wrap and Playful Pups

This week, I have worked on a nursing wrap, an idea that I found while shopping last week. It turned out well. There was a few technical issues that I came across. I made the pattern from my subject piece. I cut out the fabric, but didn't note that the pieces had to be turned a certain way, so I had to go back and cut out an additional piece to make the rights side all be turned out. I wrote it off as a lesson learned and will not make that mistake again. I also worked on a baby bib with a built in binky holder. This idea came from my internet searches. I put ribbon around the edges of it, but I'm not completely satisfied with the finished product. I have a second one cut out, so I will try binding around the edges of it. Yesterday, I sorted, cleared and cleaned my sewing room. I sorted my fabric and got out the quilting pieces that I have been sticking back. This winter or fall, I intend to make a hodge podge quilt with those pieces. I'm thinking about expanding my sewing room out into the Alabama room. I already have the ironing board in there, so what is one more table. Scott had cleaned the garage when he was off, so I now have a table that I can use upstairs to cut out on. Since there really isn't room in the sewing room, either the exercise bike has to come out or the table has to be in the Alabama room. I'm thinking of doing a take over and expanding.

The puppies are hilarious. They are playing alot now. I bought them $1 rope toys from Target yesterday, but they don't really know what they are for yet. I may go back and get the stuffed toys to see if they understand them. Snowman didn't understand that they were not for him, so he took one of the ropes for himself. We haven't agreed on which one will be SnowFlake yet. I like Little Bit and Scott likes Laid Back. They all are developing distinct personalities. I told my Dad that I was giving him one for Father's Day, but I don't think he is very receptive to the idea. I think it would be good for both my Mom and Dad, plus it means that it is one less that I have to part from. They are so adorable. Fortunately, my brother in law will take one of them. He already has the runt from our first litter of puppies, Hope. She was bottle fed and was our little miracle puppy duppy, hence the name Hope. Kristi and I kept her in a box on a heating pad and fed her and wiped her butt to keep her alive. Fortunately, Hope stayed in the family, because she was a special baby. She is very protective of her daddy now, so I'm sure that their new addition will do great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment