Sunday, May 31, 2009

Having a Great Weekend!

Sherree, my big sister, came over on Friday. We hit JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby on Friday looking for material for rocker cushions. We found the fabric at Hobby Lobby and picked up some odds and ends from JoAnns.

Friday night and Saturday, we worked on the rocker cushions and also made 3 throw pillows to match them. For my first try, they turned out good. As with all of my products, my first one isn't perfect, but I always learn from my mistakes. I am definitely not an expert seamstress. I'm a work in progress.

She also started teaching me to smock. I definitely a work in progress with that. I have a very long way to go before I can smock a dress.

Saturday night, we (me, Scott, and Sherree) went out to eat with friends that were in town. We went to Tulla's in Lagrange, Georgia. Normally, the food and service at this restaurant is very good. Last night, the food was good (what I actually got was good anyway). I'm use to my order not being right when we go out to eat. Somehow, it doesn't matter where or who we go out to eat with, my order is always the one that gets messed up. Anyway!! I never got my salad. It was a great salad with strawberries, feta cheese and a strawberry dressing. Sounds really good doesn't it. I'm sure I will try it when we go back, because I'm sure eventually we will go back. Coffee and cheesecake was ordered. Coffee was brought out, but apparently had been made most of the day. The cup wasn't even warm. The cheesecake was excellent when it was brought out.

I had a great visit with Sherree. She had to leave early this morning to pick Brandon up from Troy University this afternoon. He attended a leadership weekend there this weekend.

Today, Scott pulled the 5th wheel down to White Tail Ridge Camping Ground. It is beautiful here. We are camping here tonight and possibly tomorrow night. I brought my smocking to practice on while I'm relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment