Saturday, May 23, 2009

JoAnn's Sale

We cancelled our plans to go back to Alabama this weekend. Zoe is expecting fur babies any day now. A 5th wheel would not make a good birthing suite for her.

So, since we didn't make it back, I got to go to JoAnn's for the huge Memorial Day sell. Their sewing wall and buttons was all 50% off. I got some great buys. On top of the 50% off, I also got an additional 10% off the entire order with a coupon. Scott and I checked out separate so I could use a 40% off coupon on my pinking shears. I got a lot of sewing notions and buttons. I ended up saving $105 overall between both orders. We also went to Hobby Lobby. I picked up some fabric that was on sale for a dress and some ribbon that was on sale, so I couldn't use a coupon there.

Business is picking up. Sherree got two orders from the nice ladies at the bank. Then, I had a lady in Canada order 6 key chains this morning. This afternoon, I had a lady inquire about a very large order of Cool Ties. I hope she decides she wants them.

We didn't go to Hancock Fabrics after all. I had gotten such great deals at JoAnn's that I decided not to go. I had bought a few patterns at JoAnn's last weekend when they were on sale there. Scott said I need to finish some of the projects that I have started before I start anymore. (LOL)

Important note: Columbus has a Krispy Kreme doughnuts, so naturally we went by there. Krispy Kreme is something that when we lived in Alabama we rarely got unless we were going tailgating, so we took it for granted. Lesson learned, enjoy what you have while you have it. Unfortunately, they do not have a Taco Casa, but we did have Mexican for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment